Salary: National: £25,050 to £46,500 / London: £30,100 to £55,900
Do you like working with the latest technology and are interested in enhancing your tech abilities? We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Data Engineer with significant experience of Oracle.
An exciting opportunity within one of our Data Engineering teams for a highly skilled individual to work within our Oracle Cloud environment, which is helping to shape the future of insurance through cutting-edge predictive analytics and Data Science. The team is part of Aviva’s global Data Science Practise (Quantum) and is recognised as a centre of excellence.
A bit about the job:
Data is the life blood of any modern organisation and Aviva is no different. Our Data Engineering teams sits within Aviva’s Quantum Data Science Practise (covering areas including Machine Learning, Analytics, Data Engineering, AI, etc) but also services Pricing, Financial Crimes, Fraud and Underwriting with the data they need to provide our customers with the best products.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Experience using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle Database 19c or higher.
- Experience using SQL and exposure to Python and/or R
- Good understanding of modern code development practices including DevOps/DataOps but also Agile
- Good critical thinking and proven problem-solving abilities
What you’ll get for this role:
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Manisha Dinesh a call on 07393 803498
or send an email to