To train as a Controls Software Design Engineer, to undertake a structured training program of academic study and on the job training in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the Dematic business
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Learn More Here:
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Exhibit enthusiasm to learn and an interest in the business and role. Display an eagerness to build knowledge and willingness to put in the effort to develop skills.
- Maintain high standards of punctuality, attendance, appearance and professionalism at all times
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, undertaking tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the business
- To undertake and successfully complete all training activities, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to complete the apprenticeship qualification.
- To learn and comply with relevant Health & Safety legislation at all times
- To ensure the quality of output at all times
- To accurately record all work undertaken; completing and submitting all reports on time
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times and maintain customer relations
- To adhere to the quality processes and procedures as set out by the company
To maintain a records and log book over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned and submitting and report requirements within the required timescale
You will learn how to design, emulate, test and commission PLC, HMI software for new and existing solutions, incorporating standard products and bespoke equipment to deliver the project requirements for our potential customers across the Northern Europe portfolio.
Key activities include –
- To produce PLC software and/or visualization systems.
- To emulate and test PLC, HMI software in Demo 3D
- To build a model in Demo 3D
- To interpret electrical schematics and design input information.
- To produce all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design specifications, Method Statements and Risk Assessments, operation and maintenance manuals, and test specifications.
- To commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system commissioning activities and training for the end-user
- To assist in the development of Dematic controls standards