Senior Data Scientist (Commercial)
Locations: London, New York
Egencia is the world’s leading digital corporate travel platform. We are a trusted business travel partner that delivers the best technology and data driven experiences to help customers all around the world drive success in their business through business travel.
Data drives our business. Come join our Analytic team and take part in defining and distilling that data for key corporate decision makers and our clients around the world.
Egencia Analytics team is seeking a outstanding candidate for the role of Data Scientist III, an intelligent, results-oriented, passionate self-starters to join our global team. In this role, you will lead analytics projects end-to-end working with other passionate analysts in the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of areas which will include projects such as customer segmentation, recommendation engines, client lifetime value, anomaly detection and seeding your own ideas on what we work on next.
This is a technical role that requires an individual that can encourage, provide technical leadership and has a proven track record deploying models to production. You will be an outstanding Data Scientist with a wealth of experience and an abundance of ideas. We need you to be able to pick up new concepts quickly, understand the broader context in which a solution is deployed and deliver exceptional work at pace. Finally, this is an individual contributor role, but we will want you to mentor other team members, providing technical guidance and advice that will lead to better business outcomes and personal growth within the team.
What you will do
- Passionate storytelling and articulation by bringing data to life!
- Derive, interpret, and deliver results from diverse datasets and communicate meaningful insights to the business
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting across all levels of stakeholders.
- Identify problem statements which can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of process.
- Provide technical mentorship to other Data Scientists
- Articulate solutions, methodologies and frameworks concisely to both technical and non-technical partners
- Collaborate with technology and business leaders as appropriate to sustain momentum of delivery
What you will bring
- Relevant Master's or PhD degree in any of the following fields: Machine Learning or computer science, statistics, mathematics with strong understanding of ML components.
- Strong programming background and expertise in using SQL, Python
- Advanced knowledge of Statistics
- Proven excellence in leading and contributing to Data Science projects in a commercial setting
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle ambiguity.
- Vocal with opinions and energized by new ideas
- Keen to educate others
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
What we will offer
- Learning and development opportunity.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible home working option.
- Competitive benefits.
- Diverse team that is globally based.
Why join Egencia?
Connections matter when it comes to business, and those connections start with our inclusive team of travel enthusiasts and technologists.
We thrive in a culture of curiosity - constantly reinventing for the future. It's the people that make Egencia special, so we want to make sure they’re happy. We do this by offering flexible work options, competitive benefits packages, learning and development opportunities as well as time to pursue them. And we always make sure we have fun along the way.
Our customers love working with us because we know satisfied customers start with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team to support them. We trust each other to get great work and we encourage everyone to speak up, speak out, and be themselves.
Business travel is on the road to recovery. As part of the world’s largest corporate travel marketplace, we’re in a strong position to define the future as we lead the industry into a new era.
If this all sounds like something you’d like to jump on-board with, visit Egencia.com or check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Egencia is wholly owned by American Express Global Business Travel (GBT). GBT is a joint venture that is not wholly owned by American Express Company or any of its subsidiaries (American Express). “American Express Global Business Travel”, “American Express", and the American Express logo are trademarks of American Express and are used under limited license. “American Express Meetings & Events” is a division of GBT.
United Kingdom - London
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement