ROLE: DATA ANALYST (BUSINESS INSIGHT)
LOCATION: ALVERTON COURT, NORTHALLERTON / AGILE
RANK/GRADE: PO1-6; £33,618 - £38,376 per annum (against a career progression plan)
HOURS: FULL TIME / FIXED TERM
We are currently inviting applications for a full-time temporary (24 months) post in the role of Data Analyst positioned within our Business Insight team based at our headquarters, but with the option for agile working. In this pioneering role employed by North Yorkshire Police you will take advantage of data driven analytical techniques to support the development of solutions to the challenges that our clients face. Our work is constantly evolving to meet the needs of a changing environment as we seek innovative approaches to improving service delivery for our customers.
As part of the Business Insight data team, the post-holder will:
- Work with business owners to translate business activities and objectives into parameters for analytical models.
- Ensure that products are delivered in accordance with national legislation and local policy, meet the client need and are easy to understand.
- Support communication of analytical models and results to non-technical audiences to maximise the impact of a self-service approach.
- Use a suite of available tools, models and applications, to create and test hypotheses in order to determine robust methods for future demand requirements. To include the development and interpretation of statistical and machine learning models.
- Run complex queries, synthesise, analyse and prepare business reports
- Work with project and ICT colleagues to provide advice and requirements so that that new technology implemented in force can support robust operational analytics.
- Support other data team members in the development of their own technical skills
In order to fill this post we are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual with the following:
- A background in advanced analytics with a high level of data literacy.
- A degree in a related subject that included a strong analytics element or an ability to demonstrate a comparable skillset.
- Experience of collating and developing report requirements specifications through strong client relationships.
- Experience of writing queries using SQL and use of open-source tools such as R and Shiny
- Experience of acquiring, cleaning and presenting large and disparate data sets through PowerBI or similar
- Familiarity with the application of predictive analytics and forecasting to real world problems
- Experience in practical explanatory modelling and predictive analytics execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey complex concepts with simplicity.
- An ability to interpret and explain data outputs
- An ability to work either independently or in a team, with attention to detail and to deadlines
There is an expectation that the successful post holder will engage in self-learning, embrace the skills development as set out in the Career Progression Plan and show a commitment to continuously develop what Business Insight can offer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application before 9am 8th July 2022.