Full Job Description
Do you have:
- An interest in information management?
- A desire to continue studying?
- Want to work in the NHS?
- Maths and English Grade C or level 4 or above and undertaken a Level 3 or equivalent qualification
If so, then this training position in Data Warehousing might be the right job for you.
The Junior Data Warehouse Developer will assist in the development and maintenance of a data warehouse, turning data into information, information into insight thereby enabling key decisions makers to monitor performance, enhance service planning and commission and develop effective services critical to the health and well-being of the population.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with excellent problem-solving skills capable of working as part of a team and autonomously. You must have an enquiring mind and be able to demonstrate a methodical and analytical approach to work. You must have the ability and willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing situations and techniques quickly.
Ideally you should have:
- An interest in data management and related technologies
- A willingness and ability to pick up new skills quickly
- A keen eye for detail
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to show initiative and provide suggestions / solutions
- Knowledge of SQL, desirable but not essential.
- Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of bespoke extract transform and load (ETL) processes used to load high quality, highly sensitive and business critical information into a stable, consistent and secure data environment within agreed national and local deadlines and in accordance with national and local policies and procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the central data repository (SQL Server) and its associated information reporting systems
- Assist in the production of high-quality documentation of all processes to guarantee business continuity
- Assist other team members with troubleshooting issues that may arise
- Act as a knowledge resource for our customers as well as responding to queries from customers and partners.
- Study for the Data Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship qualification at West Notts College Mansfield one day a week for 2 years. This will be fully funded by Nottinghamshire Health Informatics Service.
- Attend a weekly team meeting in Nottingham city centre
Nottinghamshire Health Informatics Service (NHIS) provides Information, Communication and Technology Services (ICT) across the NHS and Local Health Community.
We provide expertise and capability, effectively delivering national and local ICT requirements, and continually research and innovate in an effort to provide technologies that enable our customers to do things better, or to do better things.
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of
the 5,500 colleagues who work here and we are the Health Service Journal’s Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King’s Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community
Hospitals Good. Overall we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020
we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures
wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients, we
also care for you.
We would love you to join us
This post is offered initially as a 2-year fixed term post studying towards a Level 4 Data Analyst NVQ funded through the apprenticeship levy:Salary Year 1:
£15,784Salary Year 2:
£16,911Salary Year 3:
On successful completion of apprenticeship £22,549
27 days paid leave per year plus bank holidays
If this sounds like you, and you are interested in growing a career providing high quality sustainable services, this is your opportunity.