£40,057 - £45,839 a year
Full Job Description
The Advanced Analytics Unit is a growing team of analysts, data scientists and health economists who focus on delivering high quality, practical analysis. The team works alongside stakeholders to understand challenges, generate hypotheses and translate complex analyses into meaningful outputs to deliver insight and support the case for change. The team influences decision making by providing reliable, relevant and well-communicated evidence to customers and proactively identifies opportunities to add value.
Within the Advanced Analytics Unit, the Principal Statistical Analyst will be primarily responsible for developing and documenting econometric models, undertaking statistical analysis and delivering complex analytics solutions in response to national, ICS and local evolving requirements. The post-holder will be passionate about the contribution they can make to effective decision making and will lead on the delivery of analysis to demonstrate the case for change and evaluate population health initiatives.
The post-holder will deliver and support a range of analytical projects, including:
- Diagnostic analyticssuch as inferential statistics, explanatory regression modelling and hypothesis testing
- Predictive analyticssuch as time series forecasting and demand modelling
- Prescriptive analyticssuch as options appraisal, resource allocation, impactibility modelling and opportunity assessments
- Evaluative analyticssuch as cost-effectiveness assessment and causal inference studies
- Technical consultancy, including metric development, process review and upskilling of teams.
Arden & GEM is a leading commissioning support organisation with over 1,000 employees located throughout England. Our people and solutions are not afraid to push the boundaries when playing an integral role in helping customers to meet the challenge of building integrated and sustainable healthcare. In 2019, Investors in People awarded us"We invest in people, silver accreditation".
We deliver a range of transformational solutions, business support and clinical services to customers including: Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS England, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships, Integrated Care Systems, NHS Trusts, GP surgeries and local authorities. As a trusted partner for our customers, we work collaboratively with a shared vision of delivering better health outcomes for patients
We recruit passionate and innovative people, wherever they are in their career, from new starters to experienced professionals. Our diverse service portfolio creates opportunities in a wide range of disciplines from accountancy and project management to data analysis and pharmacy, covering a broad number of roles such as administration, management, specialist and clinical.
This role is predominantly working from home. Infrequent travel into office spaces for collaborative events or attendance at customer meetings will be required.
The core deliverables for this post are to:
- Lead on the design, build, test and deployment of ad-hoc and long-term PHM solutions supporting the Senior Health Economist and other analytical leads;
- Provide statistical and mathematical knowledge to support analytical projects
- Transfer knowledge to co-workers and other members of the team and develop own knowledge and capability;
- Support the delivery of population health analytics to address problems and create workable solutions
- Deliver customer insight, being able to translate complex analytic concepts to non-technical audiences
- Work with clinical colleagues to enable change, utilising research outcomes to inform service development and health improvement
- Support the development of analysts in statistical modelling techniques across the organisation
- Deliver economic and quantitative evaluations using econometric and decision modelling techniques
- Support bid writing when new business opportunities arise.